"The first peninsula of Chalkidiki" Kassandra by csordila
Kassandra Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 44 photos
The name Kassandra originates from King Kassandros of Macedonia, who founded the city of Thessalonika (Salonika).
In Greek mythology, Cassandra was the daughter of King Priam of Troy. She was famous for her prophecy. However, no one had believed her predictions.
Nowadays Kassandra is a feeling, which means singing in the olive plantations, dusty roads, heat and a generous sun, clear skies without any clouds in sight, the perfect blue sea, the wonderful music, the white houses with blue windows, smiles.
Kassandra peninsula is perfect for those who enjoy the sun; with hot and humid summers, The peninsula is the most fertile and greenest area of the region. Ivy green pine-woods edge the coasts: the salty air of the sea scatters its soft resin fragrance, spicing all of the neighbourhood with it.
You enjoy here peaceful holidays; you can find a lot of traditional hospitable locals with local wines and fresh fish.
- In a nutshell:Well organized tourist facilities, luxury hotels and resorts with high quality services
csordila's Related Pages
Kassandra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hanioti, Halkidiki"
- "Kassandra,joy and fun until midnight"
- "The first peninsula of Chalkidiki"
- "Sani Beach Club"
- "Holyday in Greece - THE STRANGE FINN´S PASSION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kassandra
- Hotels in Kassandra
- Transportation in Kassandra
- Restaurants in Kassandra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kassandra
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kassandra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kassandra
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos