"Skane - the southernmost Province" Skåne by csordila
Skåne Travel Guide: 1,131 reviews and 2,509 photos
His rhododendron interest grows primarily as collector and scientist.
Contacts with botanical gardens, and institutions all over Europe are extensive and exchanges of both seeds
and cuttings are done. There are at Sofiero accurate notes on all the king´s species and hybrids.
His own rhododendron multiplication gains respect internationally.
When Gustav VI Adolf´s died in 1973 there were almost 10 000 plants in the park.
Smygehuk is a harbour and fishing village near Trelleborg in Skane. It's most famous for being the southernmost point of Sweden and the Scandinavian Peninsula and a sign marks its exact position, 55 degrees 20 minutes 3 seconds, as well as the distance to different places of the world.
Nowadays the area is very popular for its many cafés, restaurants, shops and small guest harbours.
The old lighthouse in Smygehuk is only a museum nowadays, but it is still a great experience to climb to the top. The lighthouse was built in 1883, and one of its main purposes is to mark the southernmost point of the country. Next to the lighthouse there is a youth hostel
The city was founded by the archbishop of Lund in 1275, when this area belonged to Denmark. In the XV. century Malmö has been one of the largest main city of Denmark and the Öresund region thanks to its rapid growth.
Malmö together with Skane, became a part of Sweden in the Roskilde peace in 1658.
Despite the newly started developments, novadays, the city is still a pale shadow of its glorious past; and both architecturally and culturally has been lagging far behind the former rival Copenhagen.
The city was founded by the archbishop of Lund in 1275, when this area belonged to Denmark. In the XV. century Malmö was... more travel advice
Sofiero Palace and Gardens is situated just north of the city of Helsingborg, about 5 km from Train Station . The... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Skåne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweden's grain basket"
- "Welcome to Skåne Län"
- "Skane - the southernmost Province"
- "Skåne in two days"
- "The region in the south of Sweden."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skåne
- Hotels in Skåne
- Transportation in Skåne
- Nightlife in Skåne
- Restaurants in Skåne
- Shopping in Skåne
- Warnings and Dangers in Skåne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skåne
- 16 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Skåne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skåne
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos