Hawaii (State of) Warnings Or Dangers Tips by csordila
Hawaii (State of) Warnings and Dangers: 99 reviews and 86 photos
Hawaii is a dream. The warm air, the flowers, the hot sun on the ocean but the sun in the tropics is stronger than anywhere else, even when it doesn’t feel that way and even when the sky is overcast. Using sunscreen is an absolute must, as is re-application throughout the day. Fair-skinned people should wear a hat and light-colored, long-sleeved clothing where possible. And remember to drink water throughout the day.
• Use a sunblock with UVA/UVB protection.
• Choose a sunblock an SPF of at least 15 for daily maintenance protection.
• At the beach, use a 15 SPF that is also WATERPROOF or 30-50 SPF if you burn easily.
• Apply sunblock 20 to 30 minutes before exposing your skin.
• Apply a thick layer of sunblock when swimming, reapply after swimming or toweling
• Be aware that you can burn on cloudy days or sitting under an umbrella.
• Avoid being in the direct sun from 10 am - 2 pm when the sun is at its strongest.
• If burned, apply aloe vera gel liberally and drink a lot of water or juice.
• Use a moisturizing sunblock to protect you even when you're not at the beach.
• Wear UV rate sunglasses to protect your sensitive eyes.
With care and common sense, it’s easy to enjoy the Pacific waters, but remember that strong currents, big waves, undertow, sharp coral, and potentially dangerous sea creatures (JELLYFISH!!) are all natural parts of Hawai’i’s environment. Also, many beaches are not staffed by lifeguards. A red flag on the beach indicates strong currents, and posted signs will alert you to other dangers. In case of Medical Emergencies dial 911. The resort hotels mostly have doctors on call.
Other Contact: http://hosthawaii.org/
csordila's Related Pages
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hang Loose in Hawaii"
- "Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual"
- "A Month In Paradise"
- "Hawaii this beautiful place we fell in love with."
- "diver-x's Hawaii Page"
- "Scenic Hawaii"
- "BlueCollar's Hawai‘i"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawaii (State of)
- Hotels in Hawaii (State of)
- Transportation in Hawaii (State of)
- Nightlife in Hawaii (State of)
- Restaurants in Hawaii (State of)
- Shopping in Hawaii (State of)
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawaii (State of)
- See All...
Explore the World
- Guatemala City
- Whitehall Hotels
- Þingvellir Hotels
- Daugavpils Hotels
- McLaren Vale
- Ferragudo Hotels
- Svalbard Warnings and Dangers
- Lodz Warnings and Dangers
- Kyoto Warnings and Dangers
- Runaway Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Peshawar Warnings and Dangers
- Domburg Warnings and Dangers
- Barrow Warnings and Dangers
- Driving Tips
- Bahir Dar Warnings and Dangers
- Manama Warnings and Dangers
- Ipoh Warnings and Dangers
- St. John's Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)
- 35 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawaii (State of)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (69)
Top Hawaii (State of) hotels
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1987 Reviews - 4709 Photos
- Lihue Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Lahaina Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 616 Photos
- Kailua-Kona Hotels
- 343 Reviews - 768 Photos
- Kihei Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 134 Photos
- Kapaa Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Hilo Hotels
- 235 Reviews - 453 Photos
- Koloa Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Hawaii Kai Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Kaanapali Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Poipu Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Kapalua Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Kahului Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Kalaoa Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Hanauma Bay Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 46 Photos