"Where the future faces the past" Malmö by csordila
Malmö Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,018 photos
The new landmark of Malmo, the Turning Torso with its 190.4 meters is the tallest skyscraper in Sweden.
This is really an interesting building to see, the concrete and steel tower consisting of nine cubes on top of each other is torqued, or twisted, through 90 degrees from top to bottom. The skyscraper is symbolizing a man twisting his torso to behold the world.
It lies quite far from the downtown, in an industrial area that is under redevelopment - hence the high profile building.
On the rear of the 20 SEK is an illustration of the Nobel Prize-winning Swedish author, Selma Lagerlöf's famous story of Nils Holgersson, who astride on the giant goose tours around his homeland.
This tale was Lagerlöf's fulfillment of a commission from the Swedish government for a story to introduce the geography and culture of the country to children. The story was a standard part of the curriculum of the Swedish public schools for many years.
While this is no longer the case, it remains one of the best-known and loved works of Swedish literature.
- In a nutshell:...... only 30 minutes from Copenhagen
The bridge links the islands of Zealand and Funen across the Storebalt. Initially it was hoped to build a bridge all the... more travel advice
Sofiero Palace and Gardens is situated just north of the city of Helsingborg, about 5 km from Train Station . The... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Malmö Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Continental Malmö - city of parks, art, nightlife"
- "Beautiful City of Parks and Museums"
- "Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge"
- "Malmö New Year"
- "The largest town in Skåne and Swedens third city"
- "Where the future faces the past"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malmö
- Hotels in Malmö
- Transportation in Malmö
- Nightlife in Malmö
- Restaurants in Malmö
- Shopping in Malmö
- Warnings and Dangers in Malmö
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malmö
- 12 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Malmö?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malmö
- updated a Malmö Travel Page "Where the future faces the past"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Safari"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Driving across the Öresund Bridge"
- Wrote a Review Driving across the Öresund Bridge about Öresund Bridge in Malmö Transportation
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Malmö travel pages
Photos in MalmöSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos