"The mountain ski-town of Folgaria" Folgaria by csordila
Folgaria Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 27 photos
with a panoramic view to the mountain peaks of the southern Dolomites.
With its charming shops and coffee houses, let you remember to the old days
when South Tyrol
was part of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. It offers all the traditional winter activities
and always seems to have a festive atmosphere.
If you are fan of the ski sport, you will be delighted to know that the resort is very popular with its various pistes, suitable for any kind of ability.
The ski centre is one of the best in Trentino, with beautiful sunlit slopes and ultra-modern elevators, which were refurbished or exchanged for new ones in the last couple of years.
You can rent also skis or boards in advance, therefore you do not need to deal with transportation of them.
The famously good downhill trails host a lot of international Alpine and Nordic skiing competitions such as the Millegrobbe, one of the most popular international cross-country skiing races in Europe where celebrities like Maurilio De Zolt, Maria Canins, Manuela Di Centa, Eugenia Bichougova and Josè Gutierrez took part.
Nowadays because of its picturesque natural environment, Folgaria is one of the most loved skiing area in Italy.
From golf to horse riding, from trekking to skiing: Folgaria is the wonderland of sports. There are a lot of very interesting sightseeings such as the fortresses from the Great War, an Ethnographic Museum, and the Sanctuary of the patron saint of skiers, Madonna delle Grazie.
Nature lovers can find also plenty of unique attractions: several botanic gardens, nature reservations with typical mountain vegetation, the highest silver firs of Europe and the breathtaking Hofentol waterfalls can be admired.
The cafes of the village offer delicious cakes, famous Italian coffees, in the bars and restaurants aperitifs and beside local specialities also Tyrolese, Viennese and Bavarian food are served.
The people in this region still speak an ancient Bavarian dialect called Cimbrian.
- In a nutshell:Winter Wonderland
Being surrounded by mountains it makes me feel, as if I would be in the wilderness of peace, and nothing would be my... more travel advice
Here you can find at least 30 - 40 restaurants from Tyrolese, Viennese and Bavarian to Italian and from Snack/Fast Food... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Folgaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The mountain ski-town of Folgaria"
- "Folgaria Plateau, a nice escape from the city heat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Folgaria
- Hotels in Folgaria
- Transportation in Folgaria
- Restaurants in Folgaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Folgaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Folgaria
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Folgaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Folgaria
Photos in FolgariaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos