"One of my pillow books" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Kenya National Park by csordila
Mount Kenya National Park Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 73 photos
COUNT ZSIGMOND SZECHENYI was in Nairobi, Kenya in 1929 and returned in 1932. He finds NAIROBI growing fast. His safari heads into the forest looking for elephant tracts in November 1932 at KITUI. No elephants were seen. A witch-doctor is consulted and he gets a large elephant with big tusks on the 3rd day!
On 20.12.1933, Szechenyi takes 2 lorries and heads for Mt KULAL in the Northern Frontier District (NFD), but gets stuck near Mt Kenya in black cotton mud. Moving on, they arrive at flooded Northern Guaso Nyiro River. They cross the KAISUT DESERT and arrive at the foot of this 8,000ft mountain. After climbing Mt Kulal, they saw LAKE RUDOLF (Turkana) towards the west. Szechenyi was here to hunt a beautiful greater male kudu trophy.
On 25.12.1933, he is in Ukamba country, along TIVA RIVER looking for elephants. He was hunting and filming buffalo in EMBU on 30.12.1933 amongst the "mighty zoo".
csordila's Related Pages
Mount Kenya National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Kenya National Park"
- "Mount Kenya NP"
- "A Great Place to Watch the Animals!"
- "Mt. Kenya - Kenya's tallest mountain"
- "One of my pillow books"
- "Highest Peak in Kenya"
- "Mountaineering on Mount Kenya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Kenya National Park
- Hotels in Mount Kenya National Park
- Transportation in Mount Kenya National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Kenya National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Kenya National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Kenya National Park
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Mount Kenya National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Kenya National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos