Parque Nacional del Iguazù Things to Do Tips by csordila
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Things to Do: 214 reviews and 406 photos
There are 19 large waterfalls
My first encounter with Iguazù was in the 007 Bond film Moonraker starring Roger Moore. After this I was sure, it would be a sin to visit South America and not take a trip to the falls!
The falls are actually a 2700 metres wide group of 275 falls up to 80 meters high, and are located on the border between Argentina and Brazil. The average flow rate is in the near of 1800 m³/s.
The Argentinean side provides an intimate touch with the falls. Many walking trails were paved throughout the reserve. There are 19 large waterfalls, only three of them are located on the Brazilian side.
The Brazilian side is less impressive. It is much more crowded but it provides beautiful scenery of the falls (as all say - more panoramic views), therefore it shouldn't be missed as well.
You can take part in a very short - 10-12 minutes for $14 - Iguazu boat tour to the most impressive fall in the area, the 70 metres high and 150 metres wide La Garganta del Diablo, meaning "the Devil's throat". The violence of the falls produce a permanent fog, where sunbeams form multiple rainbows of incredible beauty.
Do not miss a tour to Garganta del Diablo on full moon nights. It is said to be absolutely amazing!!! Instead of the usual daylight rainbow you can admire the moonbow. Night tours are only on the four days of full moon. There are three tours every night until around midnight, but the first one in the evening gives the best view, because the full moon is at a lower position.
Warning: Do not forget to bring your camera with yourself!!
Address: Parque Nacional del Iguazù
Directions: 1.350 kilometers to the north of Buenos Aires and 1.470 kilometers to the south of Rio de Janeiro.
From Puerto Iguazú by the Rainforest Train, cca. 4.000 metres.
More Reviews (2)
csordila's Related Pages
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iguazu Falls - The World's Most Spectacular!"
- "Falling Water . . ."
- "An amazing experience at Iguazu Falls"
- "The End of the Rainbow"
- "Finally to the Falls"
- "Yguazù : Agua grande !!!!!!"
- "Can you say WOW in both Spanish and Portugese?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Hotels in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Transportation in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Shopping in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Parque Nacional del Iguazù?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- updated a Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Page "The Land of Contrast - Argentina"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Safari"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rainbow over the Garganta del Diablo"
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Parque Nacional del Iguazù travel pages
- Wrote a Review Instead of Spanish - Argentine language in Parque Nacional del Iguazù Local Customs
Photos in Parque Nacional del IguazùSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos