"Beauty in the sunshine, laugh at the rain" Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido by GenuinelyCurious
El Nido Travel Guide: 253 reviews and 660 photos
Cyclone (or tornado as the locals call it) Cosme blew past Palawan with Class I warnings which I guess means you should stay off your boat and stay on land if you have any sense. Well, my companions and I lack sense and so braved the elements.
We were awarded with snorkeling with sloppy visibility, rain-drenched barbecue lunches and stinging rain that felt like bullets with the power of the wind.
But you know what? El Nido's beauty managed to shine through that. Clearly, it's MUCH better in season, but even in our conditions you could tell it was a beautiful place.
- Pros:Nice in the sunshine
- Cons:A little crowded in town
- In a nutshell:A nice, but not necessary addition to your Philippines trip
As usual in the tropics, watch out for jellyfish like this bad boy and don’t forget urchin spines are incredibly... more travel advice
Snorkeling in El Nido is mediocre. It may have been a function of recent rains, but the visibility is cloudy and there’s... more travel advice
GenuinelyCurious' Related Pages
El Nido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A week in Paradise called El Nido"
- "El Nido...."
- "El Nido - Picture Perfect"
- "Living La Vida Buena in Miniloc, El Nido"
- "Beauty in the sunshine, laugh at the rain"
- "El Nido, December 2006"
- "Breathtaking scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Nido
- Hotels in El Nido
- Transportation in El Nido
- Nightlife in El Nido
- Restaurants in El Nido
- Shopping in El Nido
- Warnings and Dangers in El Nido
- See All...
Explore the World
- Genneper Parken Hotels
- Barden Tower Hotels
- Upper Canada Village Hotels
- Harlem Hotels
- Greater Accra Region
- Derry/Londonderry Hotels
- Kota Kinabalu
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Olo Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
Badges & Stats in El Nido
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to El Nido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Nido
- Posted in Travel Province of Palawan Forum "Re: P. Princesa, El Nido or Coron??"
- Commented on one of Dyesebel's El Nido travel pages
- updated a El Nido Travel Page "Beauty in the sunshine, laugh at the rain"
- Wrote a Review Generous portions and friendly service in El Nido Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fun with pandanus – natural arts and crafts"
Top 10 Pages
- Manila Intro, 19 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Sabah Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Camiguin Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Kalinga-Apayao Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Angeles City Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- China Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (24)
Latest El Nido hotel reviews
- El Nido Beach Hotel
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- El Nido Garden Beach Resort
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2013
- Elnido Four Seasons Resort
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Marina Garden Beach Resort
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Dolarog Beach Resort
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Las Cabanas Beach Resort
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Coral Bay Resort
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2013