"Kejimkujik NP: the main park & seaside adjunct" Kejimkujik National Park by MikeBird
Kejimkujik National Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
The seaside nature reserve called Kejimkujik Adjunct ( catchy name huh?) is well worth a visit. There is a really nice walk - not very far - along flat paths to a wonderful white sand beach which, even in August, was almost deserted. Be warned though the water was surprisingly cold and we didnt stay in for long.
We loved watching the seals basking on the rocks. As the tide levels rose during the day the seals hauled themselves further and further up on the rocks even bothering to lift their tails up out of the water. You'd have thought they wouldn't have minded getting wet!
We even saw the dainty little Piping plovers which are the speciality for the reserve. They ran along the edge of the incoming waves looking for tiny morsels of food.
If you like plants we spotted these interesting Pitcher plants that were clearly doing very well on the poor sandy soils of the reserve. I guessed they supplemented their nutrient levels from the hapless insects that fell into the pitcher but couldn't escape. The pitchers are at the base of the flower stalk.
- Pros:It was almost deserted even though this was August.
- Cons:Does it have any?
- In a nutshell:We loved this place.
We were in the visitor centre area of the main Kejimkujik Park where we hired bikes for an hour or so. After our cycle... more travel advice
MikeBird's Related Pages
Kejimkujik National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seals, bears and seagulls"
- "Lush with trails and beautiful lakes"
- "Keimkujik National Park and Historic Site"
- "Kejimkujik NP: the main park & seaside adjunct"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kejimkujik National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kejimkujik National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kejimkujik National Park
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kejimkujik National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kejimkujik National Park
Photos in Kejimkujik National ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Malawi Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Iceland Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Fyn Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos