"Putting the new in Newcastle" Newcastle upon Tyne by MikeBird
Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Guide: 914 reviews and 1,923 photos
I had reason to spend a Friday night in Newcastle recently. It was a mild, moonlit night and I was glad to have my jumper and jacket on. I was pleased to see that the reputation of the Geordie youth for wearing the skimpiest clothes was upheld. Fortunately I didn't witness any of the drunken behaviour that has been known to characterise the city centre on a weekend night.
I enjoyed my stroll along the quayside stretch of the River Tyne where you can gain terrific views of the Millenium swing bridge - it swings round to allow large ships to pass through - and the Sage building; both beautifully illuminated at night.
- Pros:Great for a night out
- Cons:Watch where you tread
MikeBird's Related Pages
Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A city and its river"
- "Many Bridges To Cross"
- "It's a different land"
- "The Toon"
- "Newcastle upon Tyne Page"
- "Love at first sight!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Transportation in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Nightlife in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Shopping in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Warnings and Dangers in Newcastle upon Tyne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newcastle upon Tyne
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Newcastle upon Tyne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newcastle upon Tyne
Photos in Newcastle upon TyneSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos
- Malawi Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Muscat Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Iceland Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos