"Woodbridge: perfect for a short break in Suffolk" Woodbridge by MikeBird
Woodbridge Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 53 photos
For my wife's birthday treat and to celebrate her promotion I decided we should go away for a few days. We'd asked our two remaining teenage children if they wanted to come with us and both said "No - they were busy" so I booked up the most expensive place I could find and really pushed the boat out. We did all of the things that we enjoy most and that they would not have liked. Things like tracking down my great Uncle's old blacksmith's forge, birdwatching, riverside walks and visiting the burial sites of ancient East Anglians. Meanwhile back at home my son continued to play on computer games and my daughter went to sleepovers. I think I know who had more fun! Luckily we were not confronted with too much mess when we returned and so we could be tempted to do this sort of thing again.........
Visit my tips below to find out more about the places we visited and the things we did.
We stayed at the Seckford Hall Hotel and found that it's worth visiting even if only for a cup of tea. Dating back to Elizabethan times (that's the first Queen Elizabeth) there are interesting paintings and Tudor decor.
- Pros:Plenty of places around to see
- Cons:Unpredictable weather
- In a nutshell:Ideal for a couple without kids
There is a terrific riverside walk starting from the train station. At first it takes you past all of the small boats... more travel advice
The National Trust now own this important archaeological site. As a consequence it is very well regulated and laid out... more travel advice
MikeBird's Related Pages
Woodbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Woodbridge: perfect for a short break in Suffolk"
- "Woodbridge and Sutton Hoo"
- "Woodbridge, Suffolk"
- "Woodbridge: An East Anglia Fishing Town"
- "East Anglia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woodbridge
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Woodbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodbridge
- Posted in Travel Malawi Forum "Re: What to do in Malawi apart..."
- Commented on one of MikeBird's Woodbridge tips
- updated a Woodbridge Travel Page "Woodbridge: perfect for a short break in Suffolk"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Woodbridge: perfect for a short break in Suffolk"
- Wrote a Review Feed the ducks and swans on the River Deben in Woodbridge Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Malawi Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos
- Muscat Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Guyana Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos