"West Fyn summer holiday" Fyn by MikeBird
Fyn Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 41 photos
My 14 year old daughter was definitely reluctant, my wife was unsure but my 18 year old son was keen. I'd wanted to visit Denmark for ages and when I found this old fishermans cottage for rent it all sounded perfect.
It was the weather that was the uncertain factor and our reservations proved to be correct when we had winds, sunshine and warmth and downpours all in one day - just like England really.
My daughter wanted to work on her tan, my wife loves swimming in the sea and my son enjoys photography. I just enjoy the outdoors and wildlife. Luckily we all had something to please us.
I loved the light towards the end of the day - it brought out the colours of the bay beautifully - and the clean, fresh air; beaches with only a few people on them and interesting things to see around the next corner.
We borrowed bikes and had access to a rowing boat. We didn't miss our car and the bus services were good enough to get us where we needed to go. What a week. Hopefully my tips will tell you something useful and maybe even make you think about visiting this unspoilt corner of Denmark for yourself.
One aspect of the region we really liked was the way you could cycle around and come across some amazingly pretty and characterful buildings. The houses were often 'L' shaped. I think that part of the 'L' would have been used as a barn or a place to keep animals. Other bigger properties, often farmyards, are built in a 'U' shape with a large courtyard in the middle.
The photos will give you an idea of how attractive these places are. They look very comfortable homes.
- Pros:Healthy living, peace and tranquility
- Cons:Not for disco queens
- In a nutshell:A lovely place
It's really a hotel but they offer non residents the chance to eat in their restaurant. The decor is minimalist and... more travel advice
By bike it's easy to tour round the little villages of west Fyn. The churches are very distinctive and because of the... more travel advice
MikeBird's Related Pages
Fyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Funen - The one in the Middle"
- "West Fyn summer holiday"
- "Johanmx's page about Fyn"
- "Seatrout paradise Fyn"
- "Heavenly Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fyn
- Hotels in Fyn
- Transportation in Fyn
- Restaurants in Fyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Fyn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fyn
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Fyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fyn
Photos in FynSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Malawi Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Iceland Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Fyn Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos