"Enjoying views from great heights" Top 5 Page for this destination Millau by MikeBird
Millau Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 129 photos
If you enjoy outdoor type activities in beautiful landscapes then Millau is a perfect base for a holiday in this part of southern France.
Before the famous Viaduct or Bridge in the Sky was opened many people only knew Millau as a terrible bottleneck as they had to travel around it at a snails pace during summer weekends. Now that the new motorway is finished with it's superb bridge complete all of that seems to have changed and you can enjoy the town and it environs for what they can offer without all of the traffic hassles. There's plenty to do here including Parapente and canoeing on the Tarn.
We enjoyed a week camping near the town in the summer of 2007. The tips I provide give more detail on some of the activities you can do in the region.
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes, stunning bridge
- Cons:its too far from home
- In a nutshell:great base for a variety of activities
Perched up on the plateau area of Lozère is the small town of Salles-Curan. It's not particularly memorable but we... more travel advice
There are very many canoe agencies along the River Tarn so just visit the local Tourist information office and they will... more travel advice
MikeBird's Related Pages
Millau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Millau, Jose Bove and the viaduct"
- "Millau : the glove capital"
- "Spectacular Bridge"
- "Enjoying views from great heights"
- "The Most Beautiful Viaduc I've seen..."
- "Millau, to the foot of the Larzac,"
- "Don't miss the Viaduc de Millau"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Millau
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Millau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Millau
Photos in MillauSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Malawi Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos
- Muscat Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Iceland Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos