"There's so much to see in Paris ......." Paris by MikeBird
Paris Travel Guide: 22,707 reviews and 56,112 photos
There was never going to be enough time but our short family holiday with two of my three teenage children turned out to be a real success. My daughter had always thought Paris and the Eiffel Tower must be one of the things to see before you die. I don't think she was disappointed.
We did all of the usual touristy things like the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, boat ride on the Seine, Sacre Coeur and Pigalle, the Tuilieries, Place de la Concorde up the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe. We walked for most of the way which is another reason why Paris is good for a short stay as it's possible to easily find your way to the major sights. I was pleased however to find my teenagers soon got the hang of finding their way around the Métro.
We were delighted with our apartments - near to the Eiffel Tower and 30 storey's up so we had brilliant views over the city. Best of all we secured them for a quarter of the listed price thanks to our Supermarket's Loyalty card scheme.
Travelling on Eurostar was a first for us and we enjoyed the smooth and comfortable ride without any of the fuss and waiting around at airports.
Over the next few weeks I'll be adding tips to my Paris page so if you're thinking of travelling there, looking for apartments and travelling by Eurostar from London drop by - some of it may be helpful. In planning this trip I certainly found the tips of fellow VTers very useful.
- Pros:Something for everyone
- Cons:High prices
- In a nutshell:You'll not run out of things to see and do
If you're looking for an apartment rather than a hotel in Paris then this large tower block may be your answer. On our... more travel advice
I'd not heard of this scheme but we saw several rows of these bikes all waiting to be used. They are part of the Velib'... more travel advice
MikeBird's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 14 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos
- Malawi Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Muscat Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos