Dhaka Shopping Tips by MikeBird Top 5 Page for this destination
Dhaka Shopping: 3 reviews and 4 photos
Aarong shop sign
I believe there are several Aarong stores dotted around Dhaka. They are a perfect place to buy those gifts or souvenirs of your visit to Bangladesh. I particularly like the way the stores provide an outlet for the artisanal handicrafts many of which I understand are made by disabled people in Bangladesh. The quality of the items is very high and they are well presented in the shop.
One can buy all kinds of gifts from screen printed T Shirts to floor rugs; jewellery to musical instruments. I particularly enjoyed being able to simply browse around the shelves without being pestered by over eager sales persons.
You can pay by credit card or in foreign currency ( though I don't know how good the rate of exchange will be).
I've been to the store twice now and on both occasions - it's been a pleasure to shop there ( and I normally avoid shopping if at all possible). There is even a small café inside where you can rest up for a while and take a drink.
Do give this shop a try - your money will help to retain the work of the small scale groups of producers who manage to sell their wares through this chain of well run stores.
Theme: Children's Clothes
More Reviews (3)
MikeBird's Related Pages
Dhaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dhaka - it's all true but there's so much more!"
- "A city of contrasts"
- "Dhaka: Bangladesh's capital city"
- "Fountains in Dhaka"
- "frankcanfly's Dhaka Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dhaka
- Hotels in Dhaka
- Transportation in Dhaka
- Nightlife in Dhaka
- Restaurants in Dhaka
- Shopping in Dhaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Dhaka
- See All...
Explore the World
- Edmonton Hotels
- Hong Kong
- Chiang Mai Hotels
- Batac Hotels
- Padang Besar Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
Badges & Stats in Dhaka
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dhaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dhaka
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "Re: Berlin cards for travel,..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dhaka: Bangladesh's capital city"
- updated a Dhaka Travel Page "Dhaka: Bangladesh's capital city"
- Wrote a Review Take a boat trip on the Tongi River in Dhaka Things to Do
- Commented on one of travelife's Dhaka travel pages
Photos in DhakaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Prefecture of Lasithi Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Woodbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Iceland Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Fyn Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Malawi Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
Latest Dhaka hotel reviews
- Dhaka Sheraton Hotel
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Lake Shore Hotel & Apartment
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hotel Sarina
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Radisson Water Garden Hotel Dhaka
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Westin Dhaka
- 288 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Asia Pacific Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013