"Capital of Tatarstan" Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' by Nuclei
Kazan' Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 440 photos
Kazan is the capital of Tatarstan Republic. Tatars are the Turkic people who are the resident of this geography more than 1000 years. It is quite unique to see mosques in orthodox Russia. Tatars are muslim but not in a way you might think that exists in Middle East. The time I visited Kazan was Islamic Ramadan holiday and you would not recognize that was time.
Kazan Kremlin is listed under UNESCO World Heritage. The site is quite interesting with Kremlin, Kul Sherif Mosque, Musa Celil Monument and surroundings.
Kazan recently celebrated the anniversary of its 1000 years. There is a dedicated museum to show the detailed history of Kazan and Tatars.
- Pros:Historical, different culture
- In a nutshell:Unique culture
There is a nice lake in Kazan. The park on its beginning is full of colored flowers and good spot to take nice lake air.... more travel advice
As we all know, Lenin monuments are everywhere in Russia but Lenin has a significant importance in Kazan. Vladimir... more travel advice
Nuclei's Related Pages
Kazan' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kazan / Kasan"
- "Caution: Slippery in winter"
- "Capital of Tatarstan"
- "under construction"
- "The city that crumbles around you"
- "Kazan, Russia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kazan'
- Hotels in Kazan'
- Transportation in Kazan'
- Nightlife in Kazan'
- Restaurants in Kazan'
- Shopping in Kazan'
- Warnings and Dangers in Kazan'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kazan'
- 32 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kazan'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kazan'
Photos in Kazan'See All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos
- Vladivostok Intro, 25 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos
- Irkutsk Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Novosibirsk Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Baku Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Almaty Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Samarkand Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.