"Shymkent" Shymkent by Nuclei
Shymkent Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos
There is nothing much to say about Shymkent. The most interesting thing I experienced was landing on grass at Shymkent Airport. I took a flight from Almaty to Shymkent with Antonov AJ aircraft. The plane was hardly flying but made a soft landing on grass. I was said the bigger plane would come as of October 1st, 2007 and those would land on normal runway. I took the snap of this Antonov AJ aicraft, next. Some seat were broken, the cargo section is a small hall between cockpit and cabin. It was fun though.
Almost all hotels in Shymkent belongs to Sapar family. Those are quite descent but comparetively high priced taking all other stuff (food, gas, transportation, etc) are cheap in this city.
If you do not have any visa problem, it is better to come from Tashkent (Uzbekistan). It is only 120 km. You can easily find a car and driver with a good price.
- Pros:Cheap, descent hotels, close to Turkestan
- Cons:Nothing much to do
- In a nutshell:Somewhere there...
Nuclei's Related Pages
Shymkent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Brief Visit to Kazakhstan"
- "Share you some photos from Shymkent , Kazakhstan"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Shymkent
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Shymkent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shymkent
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos
- Vladivostok Intro, 25 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos
- Irkutsk Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Novosibirsk Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Baku Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Almaty Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Samarkand Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.