"Turkistan" Turkestan by Nuclei
Turkestan Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 21 photos
Turkistan (Turkestan) is located at the north-west of Shymkent (Cimkent). I took a flight from Almaty to Shymkent and then rented a car with driver to reach Turkistan. The distance is around 150 km and took 1.5 hours driving. I paid 100$ for a day incl gas and driver for Mercedes. It is also possible to come from Tashkent (Uzbekistan) which is roughly 300 km.
Could not see restaurants of classical sense but when you see grills wtih smoke, you can notice that there is a food here. Food is delicious and very cheap. You can easily explode with few bucks. This is the place I took my lunch. Yummy!
Hodja Ahmet Yasawi (Hoca Ahmet Yesevi) was a great philosopher who spread mystic Islam (sufism) in Central Asia. His mausoleum is in Turkistan and listed under Unesco World's Heritage: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1103
Below you can find another album for Hodja Ahmet Yasawi's Mausoleum.
- Pros:Must be visited because of Hodja Ahmet Yasawi's Mausoleum
- Cons:Nothing else special
- In a nutshell:Important piece from History
Nuclei's Related Pages
Turkestan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Atmosphere"
- "I've made a couple of short trips there..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkestan
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Turkestan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkestan
Photos in TurkestanSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos
- Vladivostok Intro, 25 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos
- Irkutsk Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Novosibirsk Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Baku Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Almaty Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Samarkand Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.