"The power of chocolate (or actually, any food)" anadyr's Profile
Through my travels, I have learned that there is a universal protocol in having your picture taken, especially as a single traveler. A simple please (in a local language), point to the camera, point to a location, and whamo, a fellow traveler or local takes a pictures (or two). Then I ask where they are from, try to say "thank you" in their language and maybe engage in conversation. On my last trip, (Slovakia, Poland, Germany - Oct 12) I tried something different, after I thanked them, I gave them a Hershey chocolate kiss. To most it was a pleasant surprise. Something I will continue on my trips.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on Matus_Teplicky's profile page
- Posted in Travel Slovakia Forum "Re: How to get from Banska..."
- Wrote a Review Seattle - Considering getting an Orca Card about Train / Monorail / StreetCar in Seattle Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seattle - Considering getting an Orca Card"
- created a Seattle Travel Page "Seattle - A great place for a summer weekend trip"
updated their Profile Page "The power of chocolate (or actually, any food)"
PhotosSee All Photos (10)
- Seattle Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin 1 review, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poprad Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.