"The power of chocolate (or actually, any food)" anadyr's Profile

Having your pictures taken

Through my travels, I have learned that there is a universal protocol in having your picture taken, especially as a single traveler. A simple please (in a local language), point to the camera, point to a location, and whamo, a fellow traveler or local takes a pictures (or two). Then I ask where they are from, try to say "thank you" in their language and maybe engage in conversation. On my last trip, (Slovakia, Poland, Germany - Oct 12) I tried something different, after I thanked them, I gave them a Hershey chocolate kiss. To most it was a pleasant surprise. Something I will continue on my trips.

• Intro Updated May 5, 2013

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• HeshamMA's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Nice Idea Jeff , Welcome aboard with the good people around and lots of information from all around the globe , best of luck

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Hi Jeff: just read your comment about starting to become a contributor: good for you!!!! We'll be looking forward to some great pages, and don't ever be afraid to ask for help if you get hung up, OK? VT'ers are very good about lending a friendly hand to members who are getting the hang of it :O)

• anadyr's Profile Photo
      Jun 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Thank you, a little bit of encouragement goes a long way

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!