"The power of chocolate (or actually, any food)" anadyr's Profile
Through my travels, I have learned that there is a universal protocol in having your picture taken, especially as a single traveler. A simple please (in a local language), point to the camera, point to a location, and whamo, a fellow traveler or local takes a pictures (or two). Then I ask where they are from, try to say "thank you" in their language and maybe engage in conversation. On my last trip, (Slovakia, Poland, Germany - Oct 12) I tried something different, after I thanked them, I gave them a Hershey chocolate kiss. To most it was a pleasant surprise. Something I will continue on my trips.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 9 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Map Software"
- Commented on one of anadyr's Bled tips
- Wrote a Review Bring a license plate about Gostilna Pri Planincu in Bled Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bring a license plate"
- created a Bardejov Travel Page "Use the Tourist Office"
updated their Profile Page "The power of chocolate (or actually, any food)"
Top 5 Pages
- Bardejov Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Seattle Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin 1 review, 1 photo
- Poprad Intro, 2 reviews
- Bled 1 review
No friends yet.