"My 4th Trip to PEI" Prince Edward Island by goldenodin
Prince Edward Island Travel Guide: 401 reviews and 917 photos
Probably about 10. After going to Boston the year before, we decided to take a close to home trip. The ferry can be neat (and is closer to where we live) but the Confederation Bridge rocks. And we were staying just over the bridge, so we decided to drive. We also took our dog with us. Unfortunately, we had to come home a night early, because our dog has seizures, and travelling (as we discovered) doesn't agree with his seizures. But we all had fun! We went for 3 nights (was 4, but had to come home).
New Glasgow Country Gardens and Butterfly house. This was the first time we went here - able to take the dog, which was great. Nice area off the road for homemade ice cream (peach!). Little take out restaurant- nice chicken wraps, and barbeque. I think there was also a fancier restaurant - we ate outside on a patio...met a friendly man from Australia who was talking with us about our dog. Also, store to buy homemade jams and jellies - and watch them being prepared. The gardens seemed still a little under construction, but were beautiful. Nice gift shop by the butterfly house. Butterfly house itself was neat, tho I couldn't get any butterflies to land on me. Lots of colour and places to sit and relax.
Summerside is a neat town. Lovely waterfront. Did a little shopping downtown. Great 50's style restaurant there that we ate at twice. Not really any touristy things to do. We just wandered around for a few hours.
Charlottetown has some good museums, but as we had our dog, we didn't visit any this time. Some nice shopping downtown. Great for walking around.
It's a bit of a drive, but I guess nothing is really far in PEI, and the drive is lovely. North Cape, they have a wind farm, with all kinds of wind turbines and a little visitors area. It's neat. We were there on a cool, overcast day, windy and a little wet, so we didn't stay outside long. I enjoyed watching the birds that were nesting in the cliffs flying in and out of their nests. I found the turbines interesting as well.
I find Cavendish is very (tacky) tourist oriented - Ripley's Believe it or Not, Wax Museum(cool), King Tut's Tomb (which my hubby dragged me thru again - not that exciting.) I liked the mini golf by the Ripleys! The shopping area had some neat things, and there was a good pizza joint there for a quick bite, but it seems to be there just to suck the $$ from your wallet.
I remember from a grade 6 trip many moons ago that the Anne of Green Gables house was neat - if you liked the books, or watched Road to Avonlea, you gotta go see it.
- Pros:Everything is easy to get to!
- In a nutshell:Great for a quiet, relaxing vacation.
Can't remember the name of the beach, about 15 minutes from our motel, but we took our dog, and just loved watching him... more travel advice
Right over the Confederation bridge, just a few minutes drive from the bridge shopping area. We liked the fact that we... more travel advice
goldenodin's Related Pages
Prince Edward Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Prince Edward Island"
- "Birthplace of Confederation"
- "Come to The Island"
- "Land of the Red Sand"
- "P.E.I. - Canada's beauty"
- "Truly..... the gentle Island"
- "A walk on the beach on Prince Edward Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Edward Island
- Hotels in Prince Edward Island
- Transportation in Prince Edward Island
- Nightlife in Prince Edward Island
- Restaurants in Prince Edward Island
- Shopping in Prince Edward Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Prince Edward Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Edward Island
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Prince Edward Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Edward Island
Photos in Prince Edward IslandSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 8 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prince Edward Island Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Halifax Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mahone Bay Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Truro Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bologna Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- England Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.