"The colorful, multi-faceted Pampanga" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Pampanga by Yla
Province of Pampanga Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 335 photos
The capital of the Province of Pampanga is the City of San Fernando and is the regional seat of government in Central Luzon.
Every December, spectators get to marvel at 20 feet or more giant lanterns playing its up-to 5000 lights precisely with the rhythm of an accompaning brass band. A competition of San Fernando's entrepreneurs in the lantern-making industry, this tradition actually introduced new innovations and design intricacies in the industry,. This resulted to unparalled and magnificent display of Fernandino artistry, and the internationally renowned 'gawang-San Fernando' (Made in San Fernando) lanterns that lights homes globally at Christmas-time.
Pampanga is especially known for the Hot Air Balloon Festival held annually in February. Having the largest expat community north of Manila, its no wonder, all nationalities congregate at Clarkfield for this exciting event, with events starting 5:30AM onwards.
Enjoy a full-packed day of aerial plane demonstrations, sky-diving, kite-flying, RC plane exhibitions, ultra/micro light flying and plane fly-bys and fly-ins.
For family fun, there are carnival rides, and picnic shades for lunch and snacks and play, the more adult individuals can enjoy the region's much lauded culinary specialties. There is a flea market as well to keep everyone busy getting souvenir caps, trinkets, tshirts and kites. Towards the end of the day, plays of light enliven the event with performers and rock bands playing through the night.
For current events on what's happening in the Province of Pampanga, check out -- http://www.pampanga-online.com/
Angeles City is a colorful city teeming with nightlife, east meets west cuisine and the center of entertainment not just in Pampanga but of the Central Luzon region. Angeles City is the birthplace of the best sisig on the land!
(See my travel pages on 'Angeles City' for more details of this motley city)
Located quaintly beside the property of Hacienda Royale subdivision along McArthur Highway in San Fernando, this unique... more travel advice
Across SM City in San Fernando is Robinson's Mall, another shopping mall chain in the country. Both malls, dominates the... more travel advice
Yla's Related Pages
Province of Pampanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pampanga, Clark and Angles"
- "Pampanga on a Weekend!"
- "The colorful, multi-faceted Pampanga"
- "Atin Cu Pung Singsing!"
- "My Second Home - Sta. Ana, Pampanga"
- "Diosdado Macapagal International Airport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Pampanga
- Hotels in Province of Pampanga
- Transportation in Province of Pampanga
- Restaurants in Province of Pampanga
- Shopping in Province of Pampanga
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Pampanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Pampanga
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Province of Pampanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Pampanga
Photos in Province of PampangaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Province of Albay Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Sagada Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iloilo City Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laoag City Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Guimaras Island Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Kowloon Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Davao City Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos