"Back to the 16th century Ilocos" Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan by Yla

Vigan Travel Guide: 417 reviews and 1,221 photos

Vigan's Heritage Village

We just dropped by our local office branch upon arrival to historic Vigan. After being instructed by our local colleagues to take a few meters walk, i got to the street corner and immediately felt transported back in time to the 16th century. With my imagination running wild on how it must have looked those days, i was wakened from my reverie by a friend excitedly pulling me into a souvenir store ... where hours later, Vigan continue to charm me as i hesitantly boarded our van, on its way back to Laoag ...

... and again

And so, i decided to go back. On my own, this time. It's an exhilirating feeling to go on this adventure.

As i'm writing this, thankfully because of WIFI, i have explored Vigan and have seen more places. I have allowed myself to be charmed again. Never mind the land distance, never mind that i didn't get much sleep on the bus, never mind that i miscalculated and arrived at the ungodly hour of 3:30AM in Vigan. It's all worth it :-)

Vigan of old

Like most hotels in Vigan, how the owners have rebuilt, redecorated and put back the heart into old decrepit buidings, shall form the historic spirit and charm of once there was.

• Last visit to Vigan: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated May 4, 2008

• Oct 5, 2008 at 8:27 PM

hello there! we are planning to go to vigan by theend of november and i am looking for cheap accoms. thanks for your site i have some idea. i just woud like to ask the rate in vigan hotel if this is accurate? super thanks!

Yla

“A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. -Murphy”

Badges & Stats in Vigan