"My Sendai" Top 5 Page for this destination Sendai by robertbaum
Sendai Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 183 photos
My very first visit to Sendai, and the city farthest north on my 2005 Japan tour. The main reason to visit Sendai is the Mediatheque by Toyo Ito, one of the most distinguished pieces of modern architecture built after 2000. A glass box from the outside the major architectural (and certainly structural) feature are tubes that pierce the floor slabs, that bring in ventilation, light and even vertical circulation. The image is like seaweed flowing in water.
My second visit to Sendai. This time it's not the city itself that is of interest, but the shore to get a personal impression of the devastation left by the 2011 East Japan Tsunami. As a balance the second goal is Matsushima a little north of Sendai, regarded as one of the three most picturesque landscapes.
- Pros:Vibrant city in north-east Japan
- In a nutshell:Famous for Ox tongue
There is no doubt that most of the famous places in Sendai are located West of Sendai Station, and many short time... more travel advice
Doi Bansui (1871 - 1952), whose real name was Tsuchi'i Rinkichi, was born in Sendai. He was a teacher and poet. After... more travel advice
robertbaum's Related Pages
Sendai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sendai..my first countryside visit"
- "Welcome to Sendai"
- "Straight Out of Inaka and into Sendai!"
- "My Sendai"
- "Let's not say bye to Sendai!"
- "Sendai - Mexico vs Ecuador (June 9 2002)"
- "Sharrie's Sendai Promenade"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sendai
- Hotels in Sendai
- Transportation in Sendai
- Nightlife in Sendai
- Restaurants in Sendai
- Shopping in Sendai
- Warnings and Dangers in Sendai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sendai
- 10 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sendai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sendai
- Posted in Travel Hiroshima Forum "Re: Anyone in Hiroshima to share..."
- Wrote a Review Shrine and Temple District East of Sendai Station in Sendai Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shrine and Temple District East of Sendai Station"
- updated a Sendai Travel Page "My Sendai"
- Uploaded a Video to Sendai
Photos in SendaiSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo-to Intro, 92 reviews, 251 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colmar Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos
- Sessenheim Intro, 30 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wiesbaden Intro, 34 reviews, 93 photos
- Soufflenheim Intro, 25 reviews, 90 photos
- Durmersheim Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eisenach Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Lembach Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Chiba-ken Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Darmstadt Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos