"My Östringen" Östringen by robertbaum
Östringen Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Östringen is a little town of nearly 13.000 people (2006) in the rural district of Karlsruhe in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg. Until 1973 Östringen belonged to the rural district of Bruchsal.
Due to its importance it was granted city rights by the federal state gouvernment in 1981.
Today the town consists of four districts (or parishes):
Östringen, Eichelberg, Odenheim and Tiefenbach.
The most famous (but rather overrated) sights is close to Odenheim, the Siegfriedbrunnen (Siegfried fountain), where due to legend the hero Siegfried from the Nibelungs was murdered.
The old building is from 1786 and it has been used as the town hall until 1900. In 1899 the new town hall has been... more travel advice
The Church of Saint Cecilia was built in 1895 by Adolf Williard (1832-1923) in a neo-romanesque style and is used today... more travel advice
robertbaum's Related Pages
Östringen Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Östringen
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Östringen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Östringen
Photos in ÖstringenSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo-to Intro, 69 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colmar Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos
- Sessenheim Intro, 30 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wiesbaden Intro, 34 reviews, 93 photos
- Soufflenheim Intro, 25 reviews, 90 photos
- Durmersheim Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eisenach Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Lembach Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Darmstadt Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sendai Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue