"Sweet Little Colmar" Top 5 Page for this destination Colmar by robertbaum
Colmar Travel Guide: 310 reviews and 951 photos
The first time I visited Colmar was because I had HEARD that it was a nice little town in the Alsace region. You know, when you read about the place in a guide book or magazine and always the same beautiful picture pops up. In the case of Colmar or even for the whole Alsace region it is a picturesque place called "Petit Venise" and the Fishmonger's district at Quai Poissonnerie.
During the first visit it was already decided: have to go again!! This time because I KNEW that it IS a lovely town. Apart from all the scenic spots which are of course worthwhile to see it was a feeling for history that you can literally grab and touch in the streets and places.
The Alsace region is famed for its food so I longed to visit again the same little cheese shop I discovered the first time and eat at the same delicious restaurant.
Have you ever bothered to look at Shop signs? Here in Colmar they form part of the historical street scenes. Not only... more travel advice
"A military ground for Exercises was developed on the premises in 1793 , and was named "Champ-de-Mars". It was developed... more travel advice
robertbaum's Related Pages
Colmar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet Little Colmar"
- "Colmar - Ideal Day Trip From Strasbourg"
- "Our favoured Alsatian city"
- "Colmar - German influence in France"
- "Colmar, capital of the former Décapole"
- "Home of Miss Liberty"
- "Colours of Colmar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colmar
- Hotels in Colmar
- Transportation in Colmar
- Nightlife in Colmar
- Restaurants in Colmar
- Shopping in Colmar
- Warnings and Dangers in Colmar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colmar
- 43 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Colmar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colmar
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo-to Intro, 100 reviews, 270 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colmar Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos
- Sessenheim Intro, 30 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wiesbaden Intro, 34 reviews, 93 photos
- Shinagawa Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos
- Soufflenheim Intro, 25 reviews, 90 photos
- Durmersheim Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eisenach Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Lembach Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Chiba-ken Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos