"AULI (NEAR JOSHIMATH)- SWITZERLAND OF INDIA" Joshimath by kmohandas
Joshimath Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 18 photos
Auli is famous for it's winter sporting facilities. Tourists can enjoy Skiing, skating on the snow, white water rafting etc. here.In the winter Auli is irresistible with its snowy mountain slopes and skiing facilities. Auli can be reached by road or ropeway from Joshimath. The cable car drive provides an excellent panoramic view of the giant Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Kamet and Dunagiri. From January to March, the Auli slopes are usually covered with thick snow of around 3 mtrs. The stretch of 3-kms with a fall in elevation of about 500 mtrs provide a very good skiing ground. .
Skiing festivals are also conducted at Auli. These now include the national championships in the months of February and March every year. These are organised by the Winter Games Federation Of India. While skiing is the main attraction of Auli, there are other attraction like cable car rides and rope lifts. You may spend the whole day outdoors building snowmen, or have fun by making snowballs and throwing at your friends.
Tourists may show their skill as sculptors by making statues by using snow.
So, enjoy your childhood days once more.
I'll follow you across the snow;
Ye travel heavily and slow;
In spite of all my weary pain
I'll look upon your tents again- - William Wordsworth
- Pros:Very clean and unpolluted.
- Cons:Approaching this place is difficult
- In a nutshell:Ideal place for winter sports.
kmohandas' Related Pages
Joshimath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uttaranchal Page"
- "Joshimath - Roof Top Thrill !!!"
- "Joshimath - The Gateway to the Heart of Himalayas"
- "AULI (NEAR JOSHIMATH)- SWITZERLAND OF INDIA"
- "(Auli) Joshimath"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Joshimath
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Joshimath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Joshimath
Photos in JoshimathSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Munich Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Calicut Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Chail Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Shrinagar Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos