"Not really Vuno but Jal Beach" Vuno by salmayo
Vuno Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 27 photos
After the disasters at Dhermi and Himara, the decision was taken to turn around and head north again and try out the beach at Jal, which we had skipped on the journey heading south. It is not too far from the town of Vuno which is why it appears under this heading.
The scenery on the descent to the beach didn't disappoint... we still had high hopes that neither would the beach!
In the end, it certainly was the best of all the beaches we had seen (Dhermi, Drymades and Himara), not so much for the main beach at Jal, but for the smaller, less frequented beach slightly to the north (not sure what it is actually called though).
The real gem though, and I am reluctant to add this as the beauty of it lay in its isolation, was the tiny beach that we found further to the north still, traversing rocks and cliffs. Despite its isolation, there was still litter to be found, but after a clean up of the beach, all the empty bottles and packets fitted into a plastic bag which we then carried back to the main beach and duly deposited in a rubbing bin there.
From what I understand the place is the same beach that another VT contributor wrote about and called 'Pusi i Peristereve' or the Cove of Doves.
This really was a seaside paradise.
- Pros:'Pusi i Peristereve'
- Cons:Rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish (limited to the main beach of Jal though)
- In a nutshell:Paradise Found!
salmayo's Related Pages
Vuno Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Vuno
- Hotels in Vuno
- Nightlife in Vuno
- Restaurants in Vuno
- Warnings and Dangers in Vuno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vuno
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Vuno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vuno
Top 10 Pages
- Otranto Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Botrugno Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Albania Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Palermo 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Vuno Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Llogora Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Vlore Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Viterbo Intro, 2 reviews
- Puglia 1 review
- Scopello Castellammare Del Golfo 1 review
No friends yet.