"Basilica of St Anne- Pilgrimage Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré by GentleSpirit
Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 61 photos
The town of Sainte Anne de Beaupre lies along the St Lawrence river, some 35 km (22 miles) from Quebec City.
This is all beautiful agricultural country, we stopped in several of the towns nearby and all boasted about the local cheese for sale along with plenty of fresh veggies and some berries.
Coming to this part of the country in October was glorious, the colors were showing, not quite at peak yet, but wonderful just the same. I can just imagine it must be brutally cold here in the winter though.
The main reason to come to this place is of course the beautiful Shrine of St Anne, an important place of pilgrimage for Catholics. St Anne, the mother of the Virgin Mary, was an important object of devotion among the French settlers as far back as the New France era. It is a large place (200x100 feet), particularly when seen in comparison to its surroundings. It is parallel to the St Lawrence river, and is visible for miles around.
- Pros:the Basilica is magnificent!
One of the original designer/builders of the St Anne church had the miracle of his ability to walk being restored to... more travel advice
The basilica of Ste Anne de Beaupre is a place of pilgrimage, receiving at least a half million pilgrims every year. The... more travel advice
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basilica of St Anne- Pilgrimage Site"
- "Shrine to the mother of Virgin Mary"
- "A Pilgrimage to Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre"
- "A pilgrimage place...."
- "Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Quebec"
- "Under Construction"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Paris Transportation-Please..."
- updated a Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Travel Page "Basilica of St Anne- Pilgrimage Site"
- Commented on one of rmdw's Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré travelogues
- Wrote a Review Relics in the Basilica in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Miracles"
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 79 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 128 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos