"Off the beaten track-Cordoba province" Provincia de Córdoba by GentleSpirit
Provincia de Córdoba Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 434 photos
I remember the reaction I got from my travel agent when I told her that I had something planned in Cordoba Province. Cordoba Province is largely off the international tourist map. Argentines come to this part of the country in droves, foreigners are fewer and farther between. Don't let that deter you, there are some great experiences to be had.
My path started with a flight from Aeroparque to Cordoba city, the capital of the province. Aerolineas was on strike but i was flying on a different airline so thankfully I wouldn't be crossing picket lines. The flight was relatively short and when we started coming circling the airport you sort of got the feeling that the pilot must have been thinking he was the Red Baron, cause he was taking some pretty good angles. Pajas Blancas is a nice new(ish) airport, from there I went directly to Villa Carlos Paz, a place that has become a weekend resort. You probably won't find many foreigners there, its pretty much just locals from Cordoba and Buenos Aires taking little vacations. That afternoon I took a bus tour through the Sierras of Cordoba, a pleasant enough experience. Then came the highlight, the reason i was there to start with. I had come to see the newest National Park in Argentina, the Quebrada del Condorito. Since I had seen the condor on my previous trip to Argentina I couldn't wait to see them again, and this park offered the opportunity to see the condor in good numbers.
After that it was back to Cordoba City before leaving for Salta on the bus. Instead of going by the nice and easy plan, I decided I really wanted to see one of the Jesuit Estancias on the way to Cordoba. No Problem! So I spent a few hours at the beautiful estancia at Alta Gracia. From there I got to Cordoba. That night I had to catch a bus to Salta, so with an afternoon to shoot I took the tour of the old city and had a wonderful time. It was quite cool, a large group of ladies went on the same tour, we had seen each other at the estancia earlier. Nice chance to meet the locals!
Should you go to Cordoba Province? Yes. you will probably not find the same level of tourist infrastructure as you might in more popular destinations, but the sights are great and it was well worth it to me. Would I do it again...oh yes!
Do visit my pages about some of the places I saw in the province for more information;
Villa Carlos Paz
- Pros:condors, colonial history,
- Cons:muy caliente, sometimes limited facilities
- In a nutshell:far from the crowds,
There are six Jesuit estancias in Cordoba Province. These were important economic undertakings which served to finance... more travel advice
This is Argentina's newest National Park. Located about an hour's drive from Villa Carlos Paz you can already notice a... more travel advice
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Provincia de Córdoba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the beaten track-Cordoba province"
- "Breath the pure air and relax..."
- "Cordoba la Docta"
- "Province of Cordoba!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Córdoba
- Hotels in Provincia de Córdoba
- Transportation in Provincia de Córdoba
- Nightlife in Provincia de Córdoba
- Restaurants in Provincia de Córdoba
- Shopping in Provincia de Córdoba
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Córdoba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Córdoba
- 36 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Provincia de Córdoba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Córdoba
- Posted in Travel Carcassonne Forum "Re: seeing the Cathar castles"
- Commented on one of GentleSpirit's Provincia de Córdoba travel pages
- updated a Provincia de Córdoba Travel Page "Off the beaten track-Cordoba province"
- Wrote a Review Trip Idea- Jesuit Estancias in Provincia de Córdoba Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Los Cocos-Parque El Descanso"
Photos in Provincia de CórdobaSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 82 reviews, 196 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 73 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos