"Hiking in the Polish Tatras" Tatrzanski Park Narodowy by GentleSpirit
Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 201 photos
The Tatra National Park is one the smaller of Poland's National Parks but easily one of the most popular attractions. The Tatras, shared by Poland and Slovakia are part of the Carpathian Range. The total length of the range is only 53 km, that might not sound like much, but it will be plenty if you are doing it on foot:) Though these are not high mountains, their natural beauty and easy accessibility make them a true pleasure for hikers of all skill levels.
Along the way you will get to see some spectacular scenery- magnificent clear lakes, great forests. If you are lucky you might see some of the wildlife at higher elevations. The most popular attraction is Morskie Oko lake (the "eye of the sea") which obtains its lovely blueish color from glacial deposits.
You will definitely not be the only one on the trail here. The easiest trails, in the valleys and the Morskie Oko will be crowded for sure. You will definitely run into people of all skill levels. The serious hikers and trekkers will go with their expensive equipment. They will likely want to spend the bulk of their time climbing Mt Rysy, the highest peak in the Polish Tatras, as well as the other more challenging trails in the park. There will also be families, kids on school expeditions and all variety of regular, everyday Poles. I remember seeing a group of Polish nuns that hiked up to Morskie Oko just to enjoy nature.
It is beautiful, give yourself some time to have a good time out in nature and please be safe hiking.
- Pros:great hiking for all skill levels, wonderful scenery
- Cons:a bit crowded
- In a nutshell:Just a beautiful place
You get to see all sorts of people on the trail up. You might be tempted to think that its just hard core hikers... more travel advice
Coming from Slovakia you will stop at Lysa Polana. Once you cross the bridge you will see the signs with the Polish... more travel advice
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Tatrzanski Park Narodowy, it's really worth"
- "Hiking in Tatrzañski Park Narodowy"
- "Hiking in the Polish Tatras"
- "Hiking in The High Tatry"
- "Hiking Up The Tatras..."
- "Perfect area for hiking and mountaineering"
- "The Tatra Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- Hotels in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- Transportation in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- Restaurants in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- Warnings and Dangers in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Tatrzanski Park Narodowy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy
- updated a Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Travel Page "Hiking in the Polish Tatras"
- Posted in Travel Carcassonne Forum "Re: seeing the Cathar castles"
- Commented on one of GentleSpirit's Tatrzanski Park Narodowy travel pages
- Wrote a Review Entry to the Park in Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting to Tatra National Park"
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 82 reviews, 196 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 73 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos