"Quebec- La belle province" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Quebec by GentleSpirit

Province of Quebec Travel Guide: 6,678 reviews and 15,080 photos

My journey through Quebec

Having had a taste of Western Canada I decided to take a vacation entirely in French speaking Canada. I mixed a bus/backpacker tour with some stops on my own. I had hoped to catch the autumn leaves at their best and I was probably not far off, the colors were magnificent!.

My trip started in Montreal, flying from the Washington DC area to Burlington, VT. From there I would take the bus to Montreal, as luck would have it I didn't have to go through that hassle. Anyway, once in Montreal I would catch the Moose Network bus, which went from Montreal to Tadoussac, with a few sightseeing stops along the way. Then, along with a few others, I got off in Quebec City for a few days to explore this magnificent city. After that I got the bus to Montreal and made my way to the Laurentians. Finally, I ended the trip in Montreal before heading on to Niagara Falls and then home.

I have to say Quebec exceeded all of my expectations. The sense of history was everywhere and you got the sense of a people proud of their heritage, and i don't mean proud in a chauvinistic way, a deep love for the land and extraordinary landscapes. It seemed so much of life in Quebec was all about little towns and villages.

I tried my hardest to only speak French, and though at times I caught myself lapsing into Spanish, my effort was appreciated and rewarded. Honestly, I would love to go back and see more of Quebec, what I did see was wonderful, but I feel I just scratched the surface.

• Pros:great tourist infrastructure, friendly locals, lots of history, autumn colors, diverse scenery
  • Cons:a bit expensive in the cities
  • In a nutshell:Je me souviens
  • Last visit to Province of Quebec: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 17, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Lovely page! Now I want to come more than ever, especially in Autumn and to see those murals, they look the best!

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2013 at 6:42 AM

That's a great overview of your trip to Quebec, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :o) You saw the beautiful fall colours, now you need to come back and see how pretty it looks in the wintertime! All the best to you in 2013, happy travels :o)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Will have to visit this part one day, esp Tadoussac and Quebec City.

GentleSpirit

“Getting there will have no meaning if you can't enjoy the ride”

Badges & Stats in Province of Quebec

Have you been to Province of Quebec?

Latest Activity in Province of Quebec