"Quebec- La belle province" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Quebec by GentleSpirit
Province of Quebec Travel Guide: 6,676 reviews and 15,071 photos
Having had a taste of Western Canada I decided to take a vacation entirely in French speaking Canada. I mixed a bus/backpacker tour with some stops on my own. I had hoped to catch the autumn leaves at their best and I was probably not far off, the colors were magnificent!.
My trip started in Montreal, flying from the Washington DC area to Burlington, VT. From there I would take the bus to Montreal, as luck would have it I didn't have to go through that hassle. Anyway, once in Montreal I would catch the Moose Network bus, which went from Montreal to Tadoussac, with a few sightseeing stops along the way. Then, along with a few others, I got off in Quebec City for a few days to explore this magnificent city. After that I got the bus to Montreal and made my way to the Laurentians. Finally, I ended the trip in Montreal before heading on to Niagara Falls and then home.
I have to say Quebec exceeded all of my expectations. The sense of history was everywhere and you got the sense of a people proud of their heritage, and i don't mean proud in a chauvinistic way, a deep love for the land and extraordinary landscapes. It seemed so much of life in Quebec was all about little towns and villages.
I tried my hardest to only speak French, and though at times I caught myself lapsing into Spanish, my effort was appreciated and rewarded. Honestly, I would love to go back and see more of Quebec, what I did see was wonderful, but I feel I just scratched the surface.
- Pros:great tourist infrastructure, friendly locals, lots of history, autumn colors, diverse scenery
- Cons:a bit expensive in the cities
- In a nutshell:Je me souviens
The Laurentians (Laurentides in French) are a mountain range in southern Quebec province, north of Montreal. They serve... more travel advice
Anyone that has been to Quebec City in recent years has surely seen the lively murals near the Place Royale. Actually,... more travel advice
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Province of Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Province of Quebec - Historic and Amazing!"
- "Quebec: A Unique North American Place"
- "Biking my way through Quebec one road at a time!"
- "Quebec- La belle province"
- "Quebec, Canada"
- "Pierre_Rouss Province of Québec page"
- "Quebec.....Europe without the jetlag!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Quebec
- Hotels in Province of Quebec
- Transportation in Province of Quebec
- Nightlife in Province of Quebec
- Restaurants in Province of Quebec
- Shopping in Province of Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Quebec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Quebec
- 60 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Province of Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Quebec
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Paris Transportation-Please..."
- Commented on one of Pierre_Rouss's Province of Quebec tips
- Wrote a Review Good budget option in Mont... in Province of Quebec Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Luarentian Mountains"
- updated a Province of Quebec Travel Page "Quebec- La belle province"
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 78 reviews, 176 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 128 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos