"Cordoba- colonial splendor" Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba by GentleSpirit
Córdoba Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 287 photos
Cordoba is Argentina's second largest city. Though it is only 700 km (435 miles) away from Buenos Aires, it may as well be a world away. Less hurried, less crowded, considerably cheaper and pleasantly laid back. Cordoba doesn't usually rank high on most tourist's radars, and truthfully, it should.
I used Cordoba as a base from which to explore other sights in the province. it is a useful springboard for seeing the historic Jesuit estancias, the low sierras to the west of the city, the higher mountains. I was crazed to see Argentina's newest national park, Quebrada del Condorito, more than anything else to see the condor. (see my Villa Carlos Paz tips for that)
Transportation connections to the rest of Argentina are excellent as Cordoba is right in the center of the country.
- Pros:the historic center, great museums
- Cons:very hot at midday
- In a nutshell:laid back lovely city
The feast of the city is on September 30 in honor of San Jeronimo. (the founder of the city was Jeronimo Luis de... more travel advice
This church was dedicated to St Catherine of Siena, who is one of the patron saints of Italy. The church itself was... more travel advice
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Córdoba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cordoba- colonial splendor"
- "Peatonal JB Alberdi"
- "CORDOBA - Argentina"
- "A Fabulous City to Take Your Camera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Córdoba
- Hotels in Córdoba
- Transportation in Córdoba
- Nightlife in Córdoba
- Restaurants in Córdoba
- Shopping in Córdoba
- Warnings and Dangers in Córdoba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Córdoba
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Córdoba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Córdoba
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 79 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 128 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos