"Village of the many colors" Top 5 Page for this destination Purmamarca by GentleSpirit
Purmamarca Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 95 photos
Purmamarca is a village located at the foot of the Cerro de Siete Colores, a wonderful hill with these amazing colors. To see the hill in the early morning sun is magical.
This is a totally Andean village. Very little of what you might think of when you think of Argentina is here. You will see the traditional colors and have a nice opportunity to taste great food here.
Though the tour buses pull in and out of the village all day long it was a quiet, relaxing place to stay and I had the unique opportunity to talk with the locals and enjoy a local pena. Everyone was in a great mood, singing and celebrating. One thing they were celebrating, as i was told later, was that it had rained a little. In this area, that is indeed something to be grateful for.
- Pros:lively colors, meeting the locals
The most unforgettable sight in Purmamarca has to be the hill at the end of the town. They say it has seven colors, but... more travel advice
Throughout northern Argentina you will notice the large cactus growing. When the plant dies it is dried and makes great... more travel advice
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Purmamarca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Purmamarca : the village of the 7 colors mountain"
- "Village of the many colors"
- "Purmamarca and the seven coloured mountain"
- "Peaceful and colorful Purmamarca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Purmamarca
- Hotels in Purmamarca
- Transportation in Purmamarca
- Nightlife in Purmamarca
- Restaurants in Purmamarca
- Shopping in Purmamarca
- Warnings and Dangers in Purmamarca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Purmamarca
- 11 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Purmamarca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Purmamarca
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 79 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 128 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos