"A Born of fire" Camiguin Island by bojomacaraig
Camiguin Island Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 205 photos
Lying 20 feet underwater in Barrio Bonbon, Catarman lies the sunken cemetery, the remains of a volcanic eruption. Coral encrusted tombstones can still be explored by snorkellers and scuba divers. A huge cross was installed in 1982 to mark the community cemetery which sunk during the 1871 volcanic eruption. A fluvial procession usually organized by the townfolk of Barangay Bonbon is held to honor the sunken graves of their forefathers on the month of November. Islanders bring flowers and candles as an offering to those who once were buried there. For those who want to take a closer look, there are bancas that can be rented to take you to the site of the cross.
I stayed only overnite at the Paguias Cottages in Mambajao Camiquin Island. The cottages are fine, very affordable....... more travel advice
bojomacaraig's Related Pages
Camiguin Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CAMIGUIN MAKES YOU COME AGAIN!!!"
- "My first trip to Camiguin Island"
- "Camiguin - Born of Fire"
- "Camiguin: sun, sea, sky"
- "Awesome Camiguin"
- "A Born of fire"
- "CAMIGUIN ISLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Camiguin Island
- Hotels in Camiguin Island
- Transportation in Camiguin Island
- Restaurants in Camiguin Island
- Shopping in Camiguin Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Camiguin Island
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Camiguin Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camiguin Island
Photos in Camiguin IslandSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Angkor Wat Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Macao Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Donsol Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Sagada Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos