"110th Philippine Independence Celebration" Kawit by bojomacaraig
Kawit Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 31 photos
July 20, 2008
From Edsa you can board a bus going to Bacoor, Cavite and alight at SM Bacoor, then transfer to another bus or mini bus heading Cavite City via Kawit. Ask the driver or the conductor that you will alight at the Aguinaldo Shrine.
In this house, the Philippine Independence was declared by Pres. Emilio Aguinaldo, the first President of the Philippine Republic, against Spain and America on June 12, 1898, through the reading of
THE ACT OF PROCLAMATION OF INDEPENDENCE OF THE FILIPINO PEOPLE, which the full act was engraved on the black wall constructed in front of the shrine, during the occasion the current Philippine flag was officially unfurled as the band of Malabon played the National Anthem.
This house was built more than 110 years ago now called The Aguinaldo Shrine.
On June 12, 2008 was the 110th year celebration of Philippine Independence and on July 20, 2008 was my first time in front of the shrine.
The shrine is open to public during Tuesday thru Saturday. Unfortunately, I couldn’t enter just because it’s Sunday. So if you are planning to go, plan it during the days as scheduled above.
bojomacaraig's Related Pages
Kawit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kawit, Cavite My Hometown"
- "Home of Philippine Revolution"
- "A historic site"
- "110th Philippine Independence Celebration"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawit
- Hotels in Kawit
- Transportation in Kawit
- Restaurants in Kawit
- Shopping in Kawit
- Warnings and Dangers in Kawit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kawit
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kawit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawit
Top 10 Pages
- Angkor Wat Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Macao Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Donsol Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Sagada Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos