"Ang Sarap sa Sagada" Sagada by bojomacaraig
Sagada Travel Guide: 668 reviews and 1,855 photos
Sagada is a 5th class municipality in the province of Mountain Province, Philippines. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 10,575 people in 2,158 households.
It is located 275 km. north of Manila, 140 km. from Baguio, and it is adjacent to Bontoc, the provincial capital.
Sagada is famous for its "hanging coffins". This is a traditional way of burying people that is not in use anymore. Not anyone was qualified to be buried this way; you had to, among other things, be married and have grandchildren.
In Sagada you can do trekking, explore both caves and waterfalls, spelunking, bonfires, picnics, rappelling, visit historical sites, nature hikes, see wild horses, and participate in tribal celebrations. To find a guide you register at the tourist-office in Sagada Proper (the main town) for a small fee. Tourists must register on their first day at the tourist-office. Down the road from the tourist-office is the Yoghurt House. While in the upper street you can see Log Cabin a restaurant which the French chef usually cook during Saturdays.
do CAVING in Sagada as the locals always recommend to the tourist. Just ask the tourist information center located... more travel advice
bojomacaraig's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "Sagada High"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
Top 10 Pages
- Angkor Wat Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Macao Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Donsol Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Sagada Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos