"My Home Town & Other Parts" Lower Hutt by Andi9

Lower Hutt Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 4 photos

Round The Bays, Wellington

Lower Hutt is a sub city of the Capital Wellington it takes about 20 mins on the train from where I live. We are situated in the central region of both Islands. Currently going into our Spring & the photo, was taken over the summer when we have many walks in the region. This photo was from the Vectra Round The Bays, it's either a 7K walk or run! Not being a runner, I chose to walk with friends & money raised from this goes to charity.

Queenstown Bungy

This is just outside Queenstown & an impressive sight to watch. The information centre is very good & has a theatre as well but at a cost. All we watched thoroughly enjoyed their jumps & the viewing platform allows you to look right over the cliff into the river below. Queenstwon is very much designed for the tourists & can be very expensive whatever the season you decide to visit in. Stunning scenery to be enjoyed & can be a relaxing stay any time of year. :-)

Lower South Island

My first trip to this part of the South Island, have been to Invercargill but never to Milford Sound. Took loads of photos on this trip as the scenery was so rugged & amazing, water coming off the rugged Mountain peaks as you drive up to the Homer Tunnel, then on the other side there are some beautiful but very powerful falls, then at the bottom you have the views of Mitre Peak, tho on my trip with a touch of cloud. :-) Make sure you have insect repellant as the little bugs are nasty little biters. The scenery is stunning & well worth the journey over to see & do take one of the Crusie's further into the Sound.

• Intro Updated Sep 5, 2007

Comments

Andi9 Lives Here!

Andi9

“Be always open to new experiences in life”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Lower Hutt

Have you been to Lower Hutt?

Latest Activity in Lower Hutt