"Kota Bandung, the great new City in West Java" Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung by ullfri49
Bandung Travel Guide: 240 reviews and 556 photos
Shure there is much to write and to say about Bandung, the great capital of West Java. But one special it is there nothing in other million cities: The vulcanos around!
Visiting the vulcano Tangkubanperahu is a must in Bandung. It is a "drive-in Volcano"- very tourist friendly. Here at a sunny day - and so good to see at picture the sulphur stone layers of the volcano.
In behind the mountain station with indonesian flag. Looking south, in the far grey behind, mostly not to see-- the greatest city in West Java: BANDUNG.
There is like other cities (so like the german town Berlin) some have same name, so it comes to double or more findings in the search engine. So Bandung too. My Bandung VT-entries were by this error first placed on the Virtual Tourist "EAST JAVA"-site- Just now April 2011 moved it to the VT- "WEST JAVA"-site. (And so, if looking news about Bandung, notice that yet much interest VT Travellers still have their Informations at the east Java side!)
Shure is Bandung more to tell about, so about the much high schools/universities in the town.
Bandung is from history not a so old city, became great as "Bandoeng" by the Governors of the Dutch Administration two centuries ago.
And last but not least Bandung in West Java will be maybe all time stay young by of the so much Universities there.
Special for me it is one important: The Institut Teknologi Bandung- the ITB.
It is shure a wide scale of reseach at ITB.
But for me as interested in Astronomy is of course of special interest the Astronomy Department, connected with the near BOSSCHA OBSERVATORY in Lembang.
So if you have time, please don`t hesitate to take a short look at my little virtual-tourist-traveloge about the
"travel north of Bandung to the Bosscha Observatory"
More on the Observatorys site- by the way in 2006 is a Solar eclipse over Sumatra, Kalimantan and nord Maluku....
At good weather the volcano Tankubanperahu is in north good to seen, the caldera has a hight so about 1800 m.
At the half hight - at photo see a little unsharp in the dust - is the "geological Lembang bank" with so about 1100- 1200 m.
There, at a hill at south border Lembang - and at so at halfway between Bandung and Tangkubanperahu - is located the "Bosscha Observatory" of ITB.
But, yes, of course, this is only a little bird eye view of my short stay in Bandung-
- there is with shure much other sightseeing in and around Bandung, like the historic buildings, the hot springs in north mountains near the volcano, the tea plantages around and the "kawah putih" in south mountains....
- Pros:Bandung -much of historic and today, nice mountain area roundup
- Cons:To much traffic jam, full of much Jakartian Tourists at Weekend...
- In a nutshell:Very interesting City- a must if want to understand Indonesia!
In the north of Bandung, in Lembang are some places maybe usually not so good known for a tourist. So we see at first... more travel advice
The Taman Kupu Kupu Cihajuang is little distant backyard area, west of Bandung halfway to Cimahi. I good remember the... more travel advice
ullfri49's Related Pages
Bandung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BANDUNG - THE HEART OF TATAR SUNDA"
- "Kota Bandung, the great new City in West Java"
- "Finally...the Bandung trip!"
- "Parijs van Java"
- "Bandung - The Flower City"
- "Paris of Java " Shop Shop Shop :-D ""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandung
- Hotels in Bandung
- Transportation in Bandung
- Nightlife in Bandung
- Restaurants in Bandung
- Shopping in Bandung
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandung
- 29 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bandung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandung
Photos in BandungSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Pulau Saparua Intro, 57 reviews, 129 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jakarta Intro, 32 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 29 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Ambon Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Pulau Samosir Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ambon Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Maluku Province Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos