Pulau Saparua Warnings Or Dangers Tips by ullfri49
Pulau Saparua Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 3 photos
sharp leaves of sapo palm/pohon sagu in Saparua
In the tropical garden around the villages in Saparua usually is peacefully -
but it is frome the people said sometimes to be carful: Try to avoid "babi hutan" (Wildschwein- Wild Boar) but I don`t know special about it-
if there is some on the way, quick remember the good advices of the foresters about it here in north Europa - it will shure meet the point....
But a true danger seems to me the sharp leaves of the sago palm leaves.
It was there the first time I saw a peasant with boots!
So see the photos-
it seems better not to leave the way in this sago palm wood.
Seeigel (Sea Urchins) under seabridge of Tulehu
If you see the tropiceal beaches of Ambon and Saparua its nothing that seems dangerous. But look the people- mostly they don´t lose the sandals while going to boat, and not so much people goes simple bathing.
At the Seebridge at Tulehu waiting for the speedboat we look a little around- and real what was that! At the ground there was not only fishes- a group of Seeigel (sea urchins) was waiting there and seems looking around too- see the photo!
It is real the moment you should say "oh bathing here is not a good idea"- and don`t leave never the seebridge in unnormal way- I have heared it is a very sad adventure to disturb a Seeigel.
In a good travelles book you will find some good tips, what to do in that kind- better read it in before!.
A good german travellerbook is "Das Tropenbuch " from Roland Hanewald
Safe filling the tank of a speedboat with a tube
If you want to take a speedboat, choose a good one.
Be careful, cause the fuel tanks are in the backside, mostly under the back seats near the two or more Yamahas!
If the people are allowed to boarding, put the baggage at the space you want to sit or better let you help from someone. Don`t forget to thank him for the help so about 10.000 Rp. The best seat is in the heck half outside.
And ask, if the fuel tanks are full. If not, and they want fill/refill the tank, it is strongly recommended to leave the boat immediatly(!)- shure it needs no further explanation. Wait nearby at the seabridge until it the speedboat team are complete ready with refilling the tanks!
A good Speedboat Team fills the Benzin from the (usual 6 ore 8 of 30-Liter !) canisters with a tube from the seabridge, BEFORE the passengers are allowed to boarding. See the photo.
More Reviews (48)
- See All Naik Perahu - go with traditional boat...
- See All See green Mangroves "Pohon Bakau", north...
- See All Traditional maluku traditional rice...
- My favorite places in Saparua
ullfri49's Related Pages
Pulau Saparua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Saparua, pulau Lease"
- "Friendly, relaxing, Saparua"
- "Saparua: The Centre of the Lease Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Saparua
- Hotels in Pulau Saparua
- Transportation in Pulau Saparua
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Saparua
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hat Yai Warnings and Dangers
- Omaha Warnings and Dangers
- Cameron Highlands Warnings and Dangers
- Agadir Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid / Crime
- El Salvador Warnings and Dangers
- Turks and Caicos Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Morelos Warnings and Dangers
- Chiang Mai Warnings and Dangers
- Colombo Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Pulau Saparua
- 51 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pulau Saparua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Saparua
Photos in Pulau SaparuaSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Pulau Saparua Intro, 51 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Ambon Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Singapore Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Maluku Province Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ambon Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Pulau Haruku Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.