"Trekking with an Independent Traveller" JohanIsWeg's Profile

Personal Statement

I AM HOMO SAPIENS sapiens from the tribe Homini and the family Hominidae - a fact of which I am often proud, sometimes embarrassed, at times aghast.

I despise the platitudes of political correctness; believing in the supremacy of a Greater Being.
I revel in the splendour of diversity; scoffing at the tiredness of conformity.
I revolt against the corrosive agendas of a powerful minority masquerading as the ‘public interest’, ‘vox populi’ or ‘pop culture’; applauding the independent thinker who cast away the shackles of indoctrination to experience with an uncluttered mind the sights, sounds, tastes and smells our wonderful world has to offer.

My mother tongue is Afrikaans and English my second language. I travel independently with an open mind in company with my lifelong wife and friend, Vanessa.

My style of travel is total immersion, commencing with in-depth research and culminating in deeply satisfying experiences.

This page satisfies my penchant to share that which is important to me in the hope that it may be beneficial to others.

Travel Destinations

AS MUCH AS I admire VT, the compilation of an easy navigable profile tree with travel branches need extensive nurturing!

I will attempt to do this by linking below the continents I have visited as the main branches of my travel tree.

From the continent travel pages, I will link the countries as secondary branches and from there specific locations within those countries with travel tips and advice.

Regard these entries, therefore, as UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Travel to:

AFRICA
ASIA
AUSTRALIA and OCEANIA
EUROPE
MIDDLE EAST

The following is a list of the countries I have been fortunate enough to visit. They will link to country sites with either typographic, photographic or video information specific to that destination. Some will contain more detailed data that others – please bear in mind this is at all times a work in progress:

AUSTRIA
SWITZERLAND
VIETNAM
ZAMBIA

• Intro Updated Nov 26, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

JohanIsWeg

“Niks is so verganklik soos tyd nie. Nothing is as transient as time.”

Real Name