"Trekking with an Independent Traveller" JohanIsWeg's Profile
I AM HOMO SAPIENS sapiens from the tribe Homini and the family Hominidae - a fact of which I am often proud, sometimes embarrassed, at times aghast.
I despise the platitudes of political correctness; believing in the supremacy of a Greater Being.
I revel in the splendour of diversity; scoffing at the tiredness of conformity.
I revolt against the corrosive agendas of a powerful minority masquerading as the ‘public interest’, ‘vox populi’ or ‘pop culture’; applauding the independent thinker who cast away the shackles of indoctrination to experience with an uncluttered mind the sights, sounds, tastes and smells our wonderful world has to offer.
My mother tongue is Afrikaans and English my second language. I travel independently with an open mind in company with my lifelong wife and friend, Vanessa.
My style of travel is total immersion, commencing with in-depth research and culminating in deeply satisfying experiences.
This page satisfies my penchant to share that which is important to me in the hope that it may be beneficial to others.
AS MUCH AS I admire VT, the compilation of an easy navigable profile tree with travel branches need extensive nurturing!
I will attempt to do this by linking below the continents I have visited as the main branches of my travel tree.
From the continent travel pages, I will link the countries as secondary branches and from there specific locations within those countries with travel tips and advice.
Regard these entries, therefore, as UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
AUSTRALIA and OCEANIA
The following is a list of the countries I have been fortunate enough to visit. They will link to country sites with either typographic, photographic or video information specific to that destination. Some will contain more detailed data that others – please bear in mind this is at all times a work in progress:
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 211 Reviews
- 319 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Commented on one of JohanIsWeg's Tokyo travel pages
- Posted in Travel Dubai Forum "Re: need some advise in planning..."
- Wrote a Review How to Decide what to Pay a Safari Guide in Botswana Local Customs
- updated a Kyoto Travelogue "KYOTO: JAPAN’S IMPERIAL CITY"
- Uploaded a Photo to "KYOTO: JAPAN’S IMPERIAL CITY"
updated their Profile Page "Trekking with an Independent Traveller"
- JohanIsWeg and paulinuk2u are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Botswana
VideosSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Vietnam Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Botswana Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaiteriteri Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orvieto Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaikoura Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos