"The Perfect One Day Trip from Beirut" Sidon by Delia_Madalina
Sidon Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 338 photos
Saida is situated only 40 kms South of Beirut and I honestly believe no one should leave lebanon without visiting it. If possible, try to include it in a one-two days(s) tour of the South.
I like to believe this city sums up Lebanon's history: the Pheonician city was occupied by Assirians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and Arabs, Mongols and Ottomans, it was a strategic point during the Crusades, was part of the French mandate of Lebanon and was captured by British forces.
This is the home city of Rafik Hariri, the prime minister assasinated in 2005 and it will be quite obvious once you set foot there as his picture is virtuallu on every wall.
NOTA BENE: You cannot visit the extreme South of lebanon (on the border with Israel) without the permission of the General Security Office.
My fiance (who's Lebanese) said he would have never imagined himself stopping at a local cafe across the street from the... more travel advice
We were told that Khan el Franj, the caravansari built by Fakhreddine II during the 17th century, will be transformed... more travel advice
Delia_Madalina's Related Pages
Sidon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historically calorific..."
- "Sidon صيدا"
- "Saidoon the Phoenician"
- "About Sidon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sidon
- Transportation in Sidon
- Nightlife in Sidon
- Restaurants in Sidon
- Shopping in Sidon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sidon
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sidon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sidon
- Posted in Travel Dubai Forum "Re: flying with emirates and..."
- updated a Sidon Travel Page "The Perfect One Day Trip from Beirut"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Perfect One Day Trip from Beirut"
- Wrote a Review Cafes along the seashore in Sidon Restaurants
- Commented on one of marimar_72's Sidon travel pages
Photos in SidonSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beirut Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Cairo Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Sidon Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Romania Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos