"Roswell, NM--My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Roswell by laforstraveller

Roswell Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 169 photos

Crazy Little Town

Roswell, NM is such a crazy little town. I lived in Roswell from 1978-1997. Growing up in Roswell was an experience. A very dull one, but an experience none-the-less. Not much has changed since leaving in 1997. But, then again, everything has. It has actually grown quite a bit, to my amazement. There is now a Chili's, Applebee's, and a Super WalMart. Some of the old relics, like the Roswell Inn, have been torn down, and new things have been built in their place. The people have stayed the same, yet each time I go back, I never run into anybody I know at the store. It's like a time warp! A portion of my childhood Roswell has remained, while other portions have changed dramatically. I guess aliens really have visited Roswell!

Aliens

Speaking of aliens...First of all, I'm not one. Second, I've never seen one or know of anybody who has. Growing up, we NEVER heard anything of aliens. Nobody ever mentioned it or the big conspiracy to cover it up. That is, until a well known TV show broadcasted a piece back in 1989-1990 about the UFO crashing in the desert just outside of town. Then another TV show broadcasted a piece on it. Then the whole alien thing took off. Do I believe in aliens? Well, let's just say the jury is out on this one. Do I believe that they crash landed in Roswell? NO! Do I believe that they experiment on people? NO! Do any of the people living in Roswell really believe in aliens? Nope! Not really. But, are they going to capitalize on the people who do? Yep. You betcha!

• Pros:Wonderful food, authentic NM
  • Cons:Small town, not much for entertainment
  • Last visit to Roswell: Jun 2009
  • Intro Written May 10, 2010

laforstraveller Used To Live Here!

laforstraveller

“Never rest!”

Badges & Stats in Roswell

Have you been to Roswell?

Latest Activity in Roswell