"Roswell, NM--My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Roswell by laforstraveller
Roswell Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 169 photos
Roswell, NM is such a crazy little town. I lived in Roswell from 1978-1997. Growing up in Roswell was an experience. A very dull one, but an experience none-the-less. Not much has changed since leaving in 1997. But, then again, everything has. It has actually grown quite a bit, to my amazement. There is now a Chili's, Applebee's, and a Super WalMart. Some of the old relics, like the Roswell Inn, have been torn down, and new things have been built in their place. The people have stayed the same, yet each time I go back, I never run into anybody I know at the store. It's like a time warp! A portion of my childhood Roswell has remained, while other portions have changed dramatically. I guess aliens really have visited Roswell!
Speaking of aliens...First of all, I'm not one. Second, I've never seen one or know of anybody who has. Growing up, we NEVER heard anything of aliens. Nobody ever mentioned it or the big conspiracy to cover it up. That is, until a well known TV show broadcasted a piece back in 1989-1990 about the UFO crashing in the desert just outside of town. Then another TV show broadcasted a piece on it. Then the whole alien thing took off. Do I believe in aliens? Well, let's just say the jury is out on this one. Do I believe that they crash landed in Roswell? NO! Do I believe that they experiment on people? NO! Do any of the people living in Roswell really believe in aliens? Nope! Not really. But, are they going to capitalize on the people who do? Yep. You betcha!
- Pros:Wonderful food, authentic NM
- Cons:Small town, not much for entertainment
Bottomless Lakes is an awesome place to go swimming! It's 12 miles East outside of Roswell's city center off of Hwy 380.... more travel advice
Below is the Roswell Chamber of Commerce's website with a listing (including addresses) of all the restaurants in... more travel advice
laforstraveller's Related Pages
Roswell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Roswell! The Aliens Have Landed!"
- "The truth is out there"
- "Out of This World Town?"
- "Aliens came for a reason."
- "Roswell, NM--My Home Town"
- "Roswell, New Mexico - a.k.a. Crash town, Alientown"
- "Roswell New Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roswell
- Hotels in Roswell
- Nightlife in Roswell
- Restaurants in Roswell
- Shopping in Roswell
- Warnings and Dangers in Roswell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roswell
- 10 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Roswell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roswell
Photos in RoswellSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kauai Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos
- Orlando Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roswell Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Nice 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Salisbury 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Minneapolis 6 reviews
- Stonehenge 1 review, 5 photos
- Saint Paul 1 review, 5 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Roswell hotel reviews
- Ramada Limited
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Best Western Sally Port Inn And Suites
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Frontier Motel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 5, 2013
- Days Inn Roswell
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Roswell
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- Roswell Inn
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Bottomless Lakes State Park Campground
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2012