"Theme Park - Puy Du Fou" Puy-du-Fou by Caddy

Puy-du-Fou Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 20 photos

If you like shows...

Then look no further than Puy Du Fou. This 'theme' park does not have any rides in the traditional sense, rather you will spend your day being enveloped in all things medieval. The shows are nothing short of spectacular - don't miss the terrific bird show - but be warned, you will have hawks, owls and eagles flying within inches of you!

Have a medieval meal...

We opted for a medieval meal, to bridge the gap between the end of the day in the park and the display in the evening. It was well worth the money (not food wise - as you would expect, it was a 'feast' of bread, pate, chicken & potato - nothing exotic) but the atmosphere was fantastic and the kids loved the entertainment while we ate (battles between the English & French) =)

Do NOT miss Cinescenie in the evening....

Cinescenie at Puy du Fou is the largest outdoor show in the WORLD. It takes place on a huge outdoor stage/lake behind a ruined castle. The show tells a story covering 700 years of local history.

There are thousands of actors/actresses, hundreds of horses and the most terrific firework display I have ever seen (and I've been to Orlando and done all the Disney/Universal fireworks - Cinescenie puts them in the shade).

The show is entirely in French, however my husband / children are not French speakers & didn't understand a word, but grasped the main bits of the storyline. You can hire translated headsets - but believe me when I say you don't really need them. It is the only show that has reduced me to tears - it was so moving.

Cinescenie is only shown during peak season - for a few weeks each year and not every evening, so do check the Puy du Fou website and book in advance to be sure of your place.

Take food (expensive on site) and a blanket as it starts quite late into the evening and finishes after midnight.

• Last visit to Puy-du-Fou: Aug 2008
  • Intro Written Feb 24, 2009

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Hello Claire... Chenonceau, Puy du Fou ... I did the same! Surprizing, there are few pages about the Puy Du Fou! I agree, Cinescenie is ... WOOH. The best show I've neither seen. Are you speaking French? Enjoy your days

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Puy-du-Fou

Have you been to Puy-du-Fou?

Latest Activity in Puy-du-Fou