"Beijing, China" Beijing by roamer61
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,188 reviews and 15,387 photos
Beijing is the sprawling capital city of the Peoples Republic of China or the PRC for short. It is a large modern city full of history. The Ming Dynasty Emperors moved their capital here from Nanjing in the 14th Century and it remained the Imperial Capital through the end of the subsequent Qing Dynasty (Early 17th Century to 1911).
With its 600 years if history, the city has much to offer in historic sites, from the Forbidden City and beyond. Any first visit to China must include a visit here.
Spring and September through October are best times to visit as the Summer can be hot and the winter bitterly cold. Also. be prepared for crowds. Remember, China is the most populous country on earth and Beijing, in addition to being the capital, is the second most populous after Shanghai.
The city is easy to get around with a comprehensive system of buses and subways. Plus, there are lots of taxis.
- Pros:Lots of historic sites, great food, rich history
- Cons:crowds, pollution
- In a nutshell:A must see for any first time visit to China.
There are numerous markets throughout the city. I visited one of the larger ones. It had seperate sections for produce... more travel advice
The Great Wall was started by the First Emperor of the Qin Dynasty more than 2000 years ago and built upon over the next... more travel advice
roamer61's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 13 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belize Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Beijing hotel reviews
- Shangri-la Kerry Centre Hotel
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Jianguo Hotel
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Swissotel Beijing
- 300 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- GRAND HYATT BEIJING
- 613 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hilton Beijing
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Beijing Hongkun International Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Hotel New Otani Chang Fu Gong
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Poly Plaza Hotel Beijing
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Tangyue Hotel Beijing
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Beijing Templeside Hutong Guest House (Shop 1)
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Orange Hotel (Beijing Xizhimen)
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2012
- Comfort Inn And Suites Beijing
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013