"Tombstone" Tombstone by roamer61
Tombstone Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 711 photos
Tombstone is a historic Mining Town located south and east of Tucson. It was here, in 1881, that the famous Gunfight at the OK Corral took place. On one side were the Earp Brothers (Wyatt, Virgil and Morgan) and Doc Holiday. The other side included the cowboys, Ike and Billy Clanton, along with Frank and Tom McLaury. The gun battle lasted 30 seconds and in the end, Billy Clanton and the McLaury brothers were dead. Ike Clanton had fled. Morgan and Virgil Earp were both injured as was Doc Holiday. Only Wyatt Earp remained unscathed.
In 1993, a motion picture was produced which depicted the events leading up to the most famous gunfight in the history of the old west. (Note Picture).
In town, you can see the hstoric Birdcage Theater and many other historic buildings and sites. You can witness an re-enactment of the gunfight and visit the final resting place of many individuals (good and bad) at nearby Boothill. There are also numerous shops and restaurants for you to enjoy. So if you want to have a rip tootin good time, visit Tombstone.
- Pros:A place Steeped in history
- Cons:May be a bit too touristy for some
- In a nutshell:A fun and fascinated place to visit.
This rugged area was used by the Apache Chief, Cochise, as a base and hiding spot from whence he led numerous raids... more travel advice
This nice restaurant serves local and American fod for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food is wholesome and service is... more travel advice
roamer61's Related Pages
Tombstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Legend of American Old West"
- "Tombstone, Arizona: When the West was Wild"
- "Tombstone - Part History, Part Kitsch"
- "Jumping Around Tombstone!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tombstone
- Hotels in Tombstone
- Transportation in Tombstone
- Nightlife in Tombstone
- Restaurants in Tombstone
- Shopping in Tombstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Tombstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tombstone
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Tombstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tombstone
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue