"Mexico" Mexico by roamer61
Mexico Travel Guide: 21,367 reviews and 51,033 photos
Mexico, also called Mesoamerica, was home to a variety of ancient cultures who lived here between 1200 B.C. and 1521 A.D. The Maya being the most famous. Though my trip was for archeaology, other come to Mexico for its Spanish culture or for the resorts of Acapulco, Cancun, Ixtapa or Cozumel. While in Mexico City, an excursion to the Pyramids of Teotiuachan is highly recommended (see article in site). Also make sure you visit the National Museum of Anthropology. It gives a great overview and ranks as one of the great museums of the world. A side trip to Villahermosa and La Venta Park may be worth your while (see below). The site of Palanque is a must for history and archeology buffs. Merida is the gateway to the Yucatan. Cancun can be a gateway as well. Here, you can visit Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Tulum and some of the many lesser known sites in the area. Though I didn't, you can also catch a Bullfight as well as sampling the cuisine and cultures of this spectacular country.
NOTE* I may be going back to Mexico in the not to distant future. Primarily to Guadalajara and its vicinity.
- Pros:A rich history and culture
- Cons:Watch out for bad water, drink bottled water only
- In a nutshell:A wonderful destination as it has something for everybody
The fortified convent of Acolman is located midway between Mexico City and the archeaological site of Teotihucan. It was... more travel advice
Labna is one of several small, yet fascinating, sites in the Yucatan that is off the usual tourist path. Dating from the... more travel advice
roamer61's Related Pages
Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mexican medley"
- "LA MAGIA DE MEXICO"
- "Mexico for cultural explorers"
- "A week in Banderas Bay"
- "La Venta"
- "AHHHH, Mexico!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico
- Hotels in Mexico
- Transportation in Mexico
- Nightlife in Mexico
- Restaurants in Mexico
- Shopping in Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico
- 16 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue