"Historic Rochester" Rochester by roamer61
Rochester Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 217 photos
Rochester is located in the county of Kent in Southeast England and it is is basically known for its gothic cathefral and splendid Norman Castle Keep. It makes an easy daytrip from London.
The picture on this page shows the great Norman Castle was which was built in 1127. The surrounding walls were built slightly earlier for William Rufus, son of William the Conqueror. The castle was built on a defensive location defending the Medway. It is one of the most historic castles in all of England.
roamer61's Related Pages
Rochester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rochester - Dickens stomping ground"
- "A Dickens of a nice place"
- "As much history as you'd want."
- "Castle and cathedral"
- "Rochester, Kent - Garden of England"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rochester
- Hotels in Rochester
- Transportation in Rochester
- Restaurants in Rochester
- Shopping in Rochester
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rochester
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Rochester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rochester
Photos in RochesterSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue