"Madrid" Madrid by roamer61
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,417 reviews and 11,067 photos
Madrid is the capital of Spain and the main entry point into the country.
It is a sprawling metropolis that is home to a fair percentage of the total population of the country. Unlike many other european countries, Madrid lacks the wealth of notable monuments. It does however contain some of the best museums and it is home to one of the best Art Museums in the world, the Prado. The city also has a huge assortment of Tapas Bars. Those famous Spanish Horsd'oeuvres that everyone must try while in Spain.
I found Madrid to be very crowded and the traffic reminded me of NY. Though in some areas, traffic is restricted and in the streets around the Puerto De Sol, there were masses of people walking the streets, enjoying their drinks at the numerous tapas bars and shopping in the numerous stores. Whiich proves that the people of Madrid are a party loving crowd who dine late and party until the wee hours. Very much like NYC in many ways.
The photograph depicts Don Quiote, the legendary hero created by Cervantes.
- Pros:Great Food and Museums
- Cons:Crowds and lots of traffic
- In a nutshell:A must see during a visit, but get out into the country.
Touring the city in an open top bus to see the sights. (See Transportation for details). more travel advice
The Plaza Mayor is the very center of Madrid and perhaps all of Spain. It was designed and built in the 17th Century.... more travel advice
roamer61's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue