"Florence: Birthplace of the Rennaisance" Florence by roamer61
Florence Travel Guide: 5,034 reviews and 10,990 photos
Florence is the capital of Tuscany and one of the most visited cities in Italy.
Its importance gradually grew during the Middle Ages. But it wasn't until the latter part of the 15th Century that it emerged as the leader in the period of renewal and rebirth we call the Rennaisance. It became a great city of the Arts and Sciences under the Medici. And many famous names have left their mark, above all, Michelangelo Buonarrati. His work can be seen throughout the city.
All of Florence is one great museum, for art is everywhere. From the great Palaces of the Medici and their peers, to great artistic institutions like the Uffizzi. A visit here is an integral part of a visit to Italia.
It is also where onc can sample of the very best of Italian Cuisine and other foods such as Gelato.
- Pros:A Must for every Art and History Enthusiast
- Cons:Can be crowded
- In a nutshell:Undeniably, one of the top cities in Europe
The Ospedale degli Innocenti, or Hospital of the Innocents, was a childrens orphanage designed by Brunelleschi in 1419,... more travel advice
The Basilica of Sanata croce is like the Floretine version of St. Pauls in London, England. Many of the regions most... more travel advice
roamer61's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fabulous Florence"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 18 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Site errors"
- Commented on one of Agraichen's Florence travel pages
- updated a Florence Travel Page "Florence: Birthplace of the Rennaisance"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Florence: Birthplace of the Rennaisance"
- Wrote a Review Medici Chapels about Medici Chapel in Florence Things to Do
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue