"The Palace of Fontainebleau" Fontainebleau by roamer61
Fontainebleau Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 329 photos
Fontainebleau is a spectacular palace located withnin a 45 minutes drive from Paris. A castle had been built on the spot dating back to the 12th Century. The original castle keep was transformed in the 15th-16th Centuries, giving rise to the magnificent palace we see today. It was further embellished in the following centuries. As a result, one can see a multitude of architectural and decorative styles from different periods.
The adjacent gardens are quite peaceful, full of flowers and other plantings. There is a giftshop on the premises.
Not far from Fontainebleau is the small artist town of Barbizon. It was here where during the period from 1830-1870 that... more travel advice
roamer61's Related Pages
Fontainebleau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful FONTAINEBLEAU"
- "Moscow - Fontainebleau"
- "A Palace, A Town, A Forest"
- "A climber's paradise.....with a cultural twist"
- "World Heritage Fountainebleu"
- "The Palace of Fontainebleau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fontainebleau
- Hotels in Fontainebleau
- Transportation in Fontainebleau
- Restaurants in Fontainebleau
- Shopping in Fontainebleau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fontainebleau
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Fontainebleau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fontainebleau
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue